Create a Friendship Tree Sculpture Project at your school!
- A visiting artist educator will handbuild the sculpted clay trunk
of the Friendship Tree.
- Each student will shape a clay face and head.
- Each clay face will be stacked upon the tree trunk to create the
branches of the Friendship Tree
Exchange Art and Culture!
- Each student creates another clay face to add to the “Grove” of
Friendship Trees around the world.
- The clay faces are sent to another school and become a new branch
on their Friendship Tree Sculpture.
- A small flag marks the branch on the sculptural tree.
Envision spreading the roots of peace and friendship throughout the
- As students share letters and artwork with each other, they become
- Student letters accompany the clay faces sent to other schools.
- Students participate in art fundraising activities and help decide
how to direct earned funds.